1:1 Learning Support Assistant
- Reference: EHLSAROM1302
- Job Type: Full time
- Location: Romford
- Start Date: 11th March 2024
- Duration: Long term - for as long as funding is in place
- Working Hours: 8.30am -3.15pm
- Holidays: Term Time Only
- Salary: In line with Government TA scale
Passion for Education?
1:1 Learning Support Assistant is required immediately for a Romford School supporting a KS2 pupil with SEMH needs within the classroom learning environment.
The skills and attributes required for this position would be the following:
- Strong communication skills.
- Good Behaviour Management skills, to be able to identify challenges and triggers.
- Good de-escalation techniques to make the school environment a positive place for the student
- To implement & learn different strategies to manage difficult behaviour.
- Have Patience, be Calm, Kind and have lots of enthusiasm for nurturing pupil aspirations.
- Able to provide Insightful & useful observations.
- To work as part of a team, but also work on your own initiative, to respond to different scenarios given to you throughout the school day.
- Have confidence in making judgements.
- Have a willingness to learn new skills and new tasks with the support of the class teacher and the school community.
If the above describes YOU and are looking for a position which you will find Inspiring & Rewarding and would make a difference to a child’s school day, please send a copy of your CV and APPLY immediately.
This post is subject to vetting including enhanced DBS and full compliance for working with children.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all. We adhere to ‘Safer Recruitment of Children’ guidance and all staff are fully trained. All potential candidates will undergo rigorous compliance checks to ensure their suitability prior to any work offer.
Apex Education Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer