Learning Support Assistant - KS5
- Reference: CHPALTH
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Type: Temporary
- Location: Thurrock
- Start Date: 2 November 2020 (term 2) or sooner
- Duration: Temporary - opportunity for right person to be offered a permanent position
- Working Hours: 8.30am - 4.30pm Monday - Friday
- Holidays: Term time only
- Salary: £10.00 - £10.50 per hour plus holiday pay
Learning Support Assistant
Recruiting NOW: Learning Mentors to work with KS5 students who have additional needs.
As a Learning mentor you will:
- Provide support and guidance to students so they can develop in their studies effectively.
- Show resilience and drive to ensure the students can progress
- Be able to utilise different strategies of behaviour management and control techniques.
- Working with the students to allow them to communicate effectively, manage their own behaviour and to integrate fully within the lessons.
- Ability to build a rapport with the student to ensure they are happy and raising their self esteem.
- Be qualified to level 3 Teaching & learning equivalent or higher
- GCSE Maths & English (C) or equivalent
- Experience of working with students in a learning capacity with additional needs
This post is exempt from the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake an enhanced DBS and full vetting and safeguard procedures.