Teaching Assistant KS2 SEN
- Reference: SHY4JAN
- Job Type: Full time
- Location: Romford
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Working Hours: 8.30am - 3.45pm
- Holidays: Term time only (plus holiday pay)
A primary school in Romford requires an enthusiastic and motivated Teaching assistant to work 1-1 with a Year 4 SEN student. We are looking for a someone to make a positive impact on a young persons education.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a passionate and successful school community where students thrive.
The Job itself:
- Supporting a year 4 student 1-1 with ASD
- Managing behaviour and use clear cues to structure learning
- Facilitating learning through a workstation and work packs
- Ensuring a safe and organized environment for learning
- Identifying triggers and be confident to de-escalate behaviour appropriately
- Working as a team to build trust and confidence
Important skills to bring to the role:
- Have a experience/ a desire to support children with SEND
- ASD knowledge and experience
- Classroom based background supporting children with additional needs.
Training and Qualifications:
- Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant or Relevant qualification
If you feel you are suitable for this Special Needs Teaching Assistant role
Please call or click APPLY NOW
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all. We adhere to ‘Safer Recruitment of Children’ guidance and all staff are fully trained. All potential candidates will undergo rigorous compliance checks to ensure their suitability prior to any work offer.
Our recruitment process is tailored currently with COVID 19 working safety procedures; Interview procedures will be discussed with short-listed candidates.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer