Teaching Assistant SEN unit
- Reference: CHASDBKS3
- Job Type: Full time
- Location: Romford
- Start Date: Immediately
- Duration: Ongoing
- Working Hours: Hours: 8.30am -3.45pm
- Holidays: Term time only - Hourly rate plus holiday pay
Immediate start -TA for a Romford Primary school SEN unit – Experience in behaviour and Team teach ideal. This is an opportunity for an experienced teaching assistant or youth worker to make real a difference to young lives.
Full time. Term Time only 8.30am – 3.45pm 1 hour lunch
Hourly rate plus holiday pay
- Supporting KS2 boys with ASD 1-1 within a SEN unit
- Managing behaviour and employing de-escalation skills
- Facilitating learning through a workstation and work packs
- Ensuring a safe and organised environment for learning
- Identifying triggers and providing clear instruction
- Working as a team to develop trust and build relationships
Best fit skills:
- Team teach or equivalent trained
- Have a desire to support children’s behavioural barriers to learning
- ASD knowledge and experience
- Youth worker background or supporting children in care.
Training and Qualifications
- Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant or Similar
If you feel you are suitable for this Special Needs Teaching Assistant role
Please click APPLY NOW.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all. The protection of children from abuse is the responsibility of all staff at Apex Education Recruitment, superseding any other considerations. We adhere to ‘Safer Recruitment of Children’ guidance and all staff are fully trained. All potential candidates will undergo rigorous compliance checks to ensure their suitability prior to any work offer.