Teaching Assistant SEND
- Reference: JAFT125
- Job Type: Full time
- Location: Upminster
- Start Date: Immediately
- Duration: Ongoing
- Working Hours: Hours: 8.45am - 3.30pm - 5 days a week
- Holidays: Term time only - Hourly rate plus holiday pay
An exciting job opportunity has opened for a 1-1 Teaching Assistant in Upminster. The right applicant will support a Year 3 student on a 1:1 basis. The student needs a calm, efficient person to encourage learning, social and emotional opportunities. This is a position for dedicated person that can build trust and confidence in a young life.
Start immediately– 8.45am to 3.30pm
- Support an individual student on a 1-1 basis
- Manage a learning workstation whilst effectively encourage a group participation if appropriate.
- Understand how to make learning effective with a student who is non-verbal using visual communication.
- Be able to effectively manage students behaviour, social interaction and understand triggers.
- Be able to actively promote and assist safe learning whilst encouraging new experiences.
- A drive for working with students with SEN
- Teaching assistant qualification
- A team player and skills to work with flexible learning routines
- Experience of working with primary students in a class-based setting
- Good understanding of professional boundaries
Ideally you would:
- Have experience with non-verbal communication such as Makaton and PECS
- Be familiar with 1- 1 student work
- Supporting Non-verbal students
If you feel you are suitable for this Special Needs Teaching Assistant job, please click ‘Apply now’
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all. The protection of children from abuse is the responsibility of all staff at Apex Education Recruitment, superseding any other considerations. We adhere to ‘Safer Recruitment of Children’ guidance and all staff are fully trained. All potential candidates will undergo rigorous compliance checks to ensure their suitability prior to any work offer.
Our recruitment process is tailored currently with COVID 19 working safety procedures; Interview procedures will be discussed with short-listed candidates.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer