SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT
- Reference: PS0107H
- Job Type: Full time
- Location: Hornchurch
- Start Date: September 2022
- Duration: Could go permanent to the right candidate
- Working Hours: Full Time - Monday - Friday
- Holidays: Term Time Only
- Salary: Hourly Pay - with Holiday Pay Entitlement
SEN Teaching assistant required for a Hornchurch School to support students integrating into a reception class of a mainstream school. Experience of supporting students with mild to moderate Learning Difficulties on a 1-1 basis and using a workstation and sensory area outside of the classroom would ideally be essential.
Are you looking for a new opportunity to support Special Needs students in SEPTEMBER 2022?
SEN Teaching Assistant Role:
- An understanding and knowledge of supporting students with Learning Difficulties
- A drive and passion for working 1-1 at a workstation or in a sensory area.
- Supporting the student through clear and consistent instruction.
- Working calmly and effectively and adapt to learning plans appropriately.
- Building the social/ emotional skills of student whilst promoting trust and confidence.
- Working alongside the teacher to integrate the student as a member of their learning environment.
- Assist with personal care if needed
Ideally To Have:
- A relevant TA Level 2/3 and/or SEND qualification.
- Good communication and organisational skills, patient with a positive attitude.
- To be always professional keeping to school policies and procedures
- A good understanding of supporting the learning and triggers of the student to provide development and growth.
If you are interested in this SEN Teaching Assistant role, please call us for a discussion, or apply with your CV and a covering letter.
This post is subject to vetting including enhanced DBS and full compliance for working with children.
Our recruitment process is tailored currently with COVID 19 working safety procedures; Interview procedures will be discussed with short-listed candidates
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all. We adhere to ‘Safer Recruitment of Children’ guidance and all staff are fully trained. All potential candidates will undergo rigorous compliance checks to ensure their suitability prior to any work offer.
Apex Education Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer