BSL Teaching Assistant
- Reference: BRBSL722
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Chatham
- Start Date: 1st September
- Working Hours: 31.8 hours per week, term time plus 5 Staff Development Days
- Holidays: Term Time Only
- Salary: NJC Medway D2 [£19264 - £22129], plus SEN £1,347 pro rata
We are working in partnership with Bradfields Academy, Chatham to recruit a suitably qualified BSL Teaching Assistant to support a specific student who requires sign language to support their education.
Bradfields Academy based in Chatham, Medway is a leading centre of excellence in the Special Education sector. We are looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant who is passionate and experienced working with students with British Sign Language and want to make a difference to the students’ lives.
• The successful candidate should be qualified to BSL Level 2 but ideally BSL Level 3.
• It is desirable you have experience working with students with SEN.
• Experience from care or school work based experience would be considered. Previous experience working with moderate to complex learning difficulties within the 4 – 19 age range would be an advantage.
• You will have a great work ethic, patience and calming presence and keen to be involved in all aspects of the academy community.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable school-based experience for those seeking a career working with special needs and looking for a new challenge. Some staff have moved into teaching roles within our academy following training. If you are an outstanding individual who has the relentless drive, the ability to inspire and the resilience for a challenging but rewarding new opportunity please submit an application today.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced criminal record check via the DBS system (for Children & Vulnerable Adults). We are an equal opportunities employer. Staff have access to the Trust’s package of benefits, which includes a wide range of professional development opportunities, and wellbeing support. Staff can also join the cycle to work scheme. As a Mindful Employer Organisation, we also encourage staff to take part in regular ‘wellbeing days’ during the year.
Apex Education Recruitment are recruiting for and on behalf of Bradfields Academy. Please apply below for an application form or call Apex Education Recruitment for more details.
Closing Date: Friday 26th August 2022
Interviews 30th or 31st August 2022 (we reserve the right to interview applicants prior to the closing date)