Special Needs Teaching Assistant
- Reference: AYME311
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Rochester
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Bank to start with a view to a permanent contract
- Working Hours: 8.30am - 3.45pm
- Holidays: Term time only - Hourly rate plus holiday pay
In partnership with the Headteacher we are looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant to work with students with a range of learning disabilities; complex needs, autism and learning disabilities.
A school or care background will be considered if you have experience with learning disabilities
- A good understanding of working with learning disabilities
- Most students have limited verbal communication, experience of PECs, BSL and/or Makaton would be an advantage
- Undertake personal care of some students who have complex needs; hoists are in every class
- Working 1:1 and in small groups to provide personal support to learners.
- To be willing to work across all key stages 1-5
- You will ensure all students can thrive and fully develop their social, cognitive and emotional skills
- Be able to actively promote and assist safe learning
- Working alongside the teacher to be a role model and guide, to motivate and enable all students to achieve.
For this SEND Teaching Assistant position it is ideal if you are:
- Qualified with a relevant Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant certification and/or SEND qualifications.
- Good understanding of supporting learning and triggers to provide development and growth
This post is subject to full compliance for working with children including enhanced DBS and other safeguarding procedures.
APPLY Now with your CV or call us to discuss further.