SEN Teaching Assistant
- Reference: PS1912SP
- Job Type: Full time
- Location: Romford
- Start Date: January 2023
- Duration: Could go permanent to the right person.
- Working Hours: Monday to Friday - 8.30am- 3.30pm
- Holidays: Term Time Only (with additional holiday pay)
Looking to recruit an SEN Teaching Assistant to support a Year 2 student 1-1 with ASD and learning at a very low level in a Romford school.
The suitably qualified SEN Teaching Assistant will work closely with the class teacher and the School’s SENCO to support the learning and development of the student.
SEN Teaching Assistant Role:
- Experience and knowledge of working with children that have ASD 1-1
- Have an understanding of supporting children working at a low level and strategies to develop their learning.
- An interest, motivation and passion for working with SEN children and developing skills to facilitate this
- The ability to reflect on own behaviour to ensure teams are strong and working together to meet the needs of the child
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within this
- A high level of professionalism and the ability to distinguish personal and professional boundaries in school related relationships both in and outside of the school
- Be comfortable to manage the students personal care as and when required working towards a training schedule structure
- Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant or Care qualification.
If you are interested in this SEN Teaching Assistant role, please call Karen for a discussion or apply with your CV and a covering letter.
This post is subject to vetting including enhanced DBS and full compliance for working with children.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all. We adhere to ‘Safer Recruitment of Children’ guidance and all staff are fully trained. All potential candidates will undergo rigorous compliance checks to ensure their suitability prior to any work offer.
Apex Education Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer