Special Needs Teaching Assistant
- Reference: PSMED1701
- Job Type: Full time
- Location: Rochester
- Start Date: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (or after a notice period)
- Duration: Temporary role in first instance; opportunity to be considered for the permanent role to the right candidate.
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday 34.5hrs per week
- Holidays: Term Time Only (with additional holiday pay)
Special Needs Teaching Assistant required for a good SEN School based in Medway.
In partnership with the Headteacher we are looking to recruit a SEND Teaching Assistant to work with students with a range of learning disabilities; dyslexia, mental health, ASD
A school or care background will be considered if you have experience with learning disabilities
- A good understanding of working with students in a class based environment with learning disabilities
- Working 1:1 and in small groups to provide personal support to learners.
- To be willing to work across all key stages 1-5
- You will ensure all students can thrive and fully develop their social, cognitive and emotional skills
- Be able to actively promote and assist safe learning
- Previous experience working with learning disabilities in a classroom based setting is desirable
- Working alongside the teacher to be a role model and guide, to motivate and enable all students to achieve.
For this SEND Teaching Assistant position it is ideal if you are:
- Qualified with a relevant Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant certification and/or SEND qualifications.
- Good understanding of supporting learning and triggers to provide development and growth
A full training programme is in place for continued CPD.
This post is subject to full compliance for working with children including enhanced DBS and other safeguarding procedures.
If you feel you are suitable for this SEN Teaching Assistant role, please Apply NOW or call us for further information.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all. We adhere to ‘Safer Recruitment of Children’ guidance and all staff are fully trained. All potential candidates will undergo rigorous compliance checks to ensure their suitability prior to any work offer.
Apex Education Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer