- Reference: PSUN1904
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Type: Temporary
- Location: Romford
- Start Date: As Soon As Possible
- Duration: Could go permanent to the right person.
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday
- Holidays: Term Time Only (with additional holiday pay)
Support Worker / SEN Teaching Assistant required to work in the Special Needs Provision of a Romford School supporting KS1 & KS2 students. Experience and Knowledge of Autism & Challenging Behaviour would be ideal.
Potential opportunity for someone with transferable skills working with Learning Disabilities to make a real difference to young lives.
Support Worker / SEN Teaching Assistant Role & Qualification:
- To support KS1 & KS2 students with ASD & Challenging Behaviour.
- Managing the student’s behaviour and employing de-escalation skills when required.
- Able to identify & manage triggers and traits.
- To work as a team alongside the class teacher with the students learning and development within the classroom.
- Team Teach trained would ideally be essential or be prepared to be trained in this area.
- L2/L3 Teaching Assistant, Care or SEND qualification.
- Youth worker background or supporting children within the care sector.
If you are interested in this Teaching Assistant role, please call us for a discussion or apply with your CV and a covering letter.
This post is subject to vetting including enhanced DBS and full compliance for working with children.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all. We adhere to ‘Safer Recruitment of Children’ guidance and all staff are fully trained. All potential candidates will undergo rigorous compliance checks to ensure their suitability prior to any work offer.
Apex Education Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer