Teaching Assistant 1-1
- Reference: PSNV1705
- Job Type: Full time
- Location: Romford
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Duration: Temporary role in first instance; opportunity to be considered for the permanent role.
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday
- Holidays: Term Time Only (with additional holiday pay)
Recruiting for a Teaching Assistant with experience or knowledge of Makaton & PECS to support a Non Verbal student on a 1-1 basis in a Romford School.
Are you looking for an opportunity to support Special Needs and make a difference to a young life?
For this Teaching Assistant Role:
- Knowledge, understanding and empathy towards supporting students that are Non-Verbal
- Be able to effectively manage student’s social interaction and understand triggers.
- Be able to actively promote and assist safe learning
- You will ensure the student can thrive and fully develop their social, cognitive, and emotional skills.
- A good understanding of supporting learning to provide development and growth with the student
- Happy to assist with personal care if and when needed
Teaching Assistant Qualification:
- A relevant Teaching Assistant L2/L3 or Care/SEND qualification
- Good communication and organisational skills, patient with a positive attitude.
- Basic Makaton and Pecs trained would ideally be essential
If you are interested in this Teaching Assistant role, please call us for a discussion or apply with your CV and a covering letter.
This post is subject to vetting including enhanced DBS and full compliance for working with children.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all. We adhere to ‘Safer Recruitment of Children’ guidance and all staff are fully trained. All potential candidates will undergo rigorous compliance checks to ensure their suitability prior to any work offer.
Apex Education Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer