Special Needs Teaching Assistant
- Reference: PSHL1307
- Job Type: Full time
- Location: Romford
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday
- Holidays: Term Time Only (with additional holiday pay)
Special Needs Teaching Assistant required to support students with a range of Learning Disabilities in a Romford Primary School.
The suitably qualified Special Needs Teaching Assistant will work closely alongside the class teacher and the School’s SENCO to support the learning and development of the individual student.
Special Needs Teaching Assistant Role & Qualification
- Experience and knowledge of working with a range of Learning Disabilities.
- The ability to assess the individual learning needs of student.
- A positive attitude, the ability to emphasise and a willingness to develop and learn in the role.
- To be calm, patient and have a caring approach to working with students that have Learning Difficulties.
- To have an understanding and knowledge of Pecs and Makaton.
- Happy to assist with personal care if needed.
- Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant / SEND or Care qualification.
As a company we have access to over 400 training courses we can offer our successful candidates to progress within their role.
If you are interested in this Special Needs Teaching Assistant role, please call us for a discussion or apply with your CV and a covering letter.
This post is subject to vetting including enhanced DBS and full compliance for working with children.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all. We adhere to ‘Safer Recruitment of Children’ guidance and all staff are fully trained. All potential candidates will undergo rigorous compliance checks to ensure their suitability prior to any work offer.
Apex Education Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer