SEN Teaching Assistant
- Reference: PSTA1309
- Job Type: Full time
- Location: Hornchurch
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday
- Holidays: Term Time Only (with additional holiday pay)
SEN Teaching Assistant required to work within the Alternative Provision of a Hornchurch School with a passion to support students with various Learning Disabilities and Complex Needs, age range 4 – 11 years.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Teaching Assistant or Youth Worker to make a real difference to the students young lives, experience with Behaviour and Team Teach would be ideal.
As a company we have access to over 400 training courses we can offer our successful candidates to progress within their role.
Special Needs Teaching Assistant Role:
- Supporting students with Learning Disabilities and Complex Needs aged 4 – 11 years old.
- Managing the students behaviour and employing de-escalation skills.
- Have a desire to support children’s behavioural barriers to learning
- Ensuring a safe and organised environment for learning
- Identifying triggers and providing clear instruction
- Working as a team to develop trust and build relationships
- Happy to assist with personal care if and when needed
- Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant/SEND or Care qualification
- Team Teach or equivalent trained
- Youth worker background or supporting children in care
If you are interested in this Special Need Teaching Assistant role, please call us for a discussion or apply with your CV and a covering letter.
This post is subject to vetting including enhanced DBS and full compliance for working with children.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all. We adhere to ‘Safer Recruitment of Children’ guidance and all staff are fully trained. All potential candidates will undergo rigorous compliance checks to ensure their suitability prior to any work offer.
Apex Education Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer