BSL Level 2 Teaching Assistant
- Reference: BSCUPKM
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Type: Temporary
- Location: Hornchurch
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Until July 2021
- Working Hours: 8.45am - 3.30pm (30hrs/week)
- Holidays: Term time only
- Salary: £10.50 - £12.60 per hour
BSL Level 2
- Working 1:1 to provide learning support to the student.
- Experience working with hearing impaired and use of BSL with a student
- You will ensure the student can thrive and fully develop their social, cognitive and emotional skills.
- You must be adaptable and develop knowledge and understanding of the particular needs of the student.
- Be able to actively promote and assist safe learning.
- Working alongside the teacher to be a role model and guide, to motivate and enable all students to achieve their learning outcomes.
- Experience and understanding of the complex needs
- Qualified with Level 2 British Sign Language or higher is essential.
- Previous experience working with hearing impaired would be ideal.
- Level 2 (GCSE) Qualifications in English and Maths
This post is exempt from the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will require an enhanced disclosure and full child safeguarding compliance will be undertaken.
Our recruitment process is tailored currently with COVID 19 working safety procedures; interview procedures will be discussed with short-listed candidates.
If you feel you are suitable for this BSL level 2 teaching assistant role, please contact us for a discussion or apply with your CV and a covering letter.