Teaching Assistant SEN ASD
- Reference: CHASDBKS2
- Job Type: Full time
- Location: Romford
- Start Date: Immediate start
- Duration: Ongoing
- Working Hours: 8.30am to 3.45pm (1 hour lunch)
- Holidays: Term time only - Hourly rate plus holiday pay
An experienced Teaching Assistant is required in a Romford Primary school SEN unit – Experience in behaviour and Team teach advantageous. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced teaching assistant to develop their experience with challenging Behaviour within a highly supportive teaching community.
- Supporting KS2 boys with ASD 1-1 within a SEN unit
- Managing behaviour and employing de-escalation skills
- Facilitating learning through a workstation and work packs
- Ensuring a safe and organised environment for learning
- Identifying triggers and providing clear instruction
- Working as a team to develop trust and build relationships
Best fit skills:
- Team teach or equivalent trained
- Have a desire to support children’s behavioural barriers to learning
- ASD knowledge and experience
- Youth worker background or supporting children in care.
Training and Qualifications:
- Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant or Youth/ Children’s care
If you feel you are suitable for this Special Needs Teaching Assistant role
Please call or click APPLY NOW
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all. The protection of children from abuse is the responsibility of all staff at Apex Education Recruitment, superseding any other considerations. We adhere to ‘Safer Recruitment of Children’ guidance and all staff are fully trained. All potential candidates will undergo rigorous compliance checks to ensure their suitability prior to any work offer.
Our recruitment process is tailored currently with COVID 19 working safety procedures; Interview procedures will be discussed with short-listed candidates.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer