Learning Support Assistant - KS5
- Reference: CHPALTH
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Type: Temporary
- Location: Thurrock
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Temporary - opportunity for right person to be offered a permanent position
- Working Hours: 8.30am - 4.30pm Monday - Friday
- Holidays: Term time only
Learning Support Assistant
Recruiting NOW: Learning Mentors to work with KS5 students who have additional needs.
As a Learning mentor you will:
- Provide support and guidance to students so they can develop in their studies effectively.
- Show resilience and drive to ensure the students can progress
- Be able to utilise different strategies of behaviour management and control techniques.
- Working with the students to allow them to communicate effectively, manage their own behaviour and to integrate fully within the lessons.
- Ability to build a rapport with the student to ensure they are happy and raising their self esteem.
- Be qualified to level 3 Teaching & learning equivalent or higher
- GCSE Maths & English (C) or equivalent
- Experience of working with students in a learning capacity with additional needs
This post is exempt from the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and is subject to vetting including enhanced DBS and full safeguarding and vetting procedures.
Our recruitment process is tailored currently with COVID 19 working safety procedures; interview procedures will be discussed with short-listed candidates
If you feel you are suitable for this special needs teaching assistant role, please contact us for a discussion or APPLY NOW.
Interviews will be immediate for short-listed candidates and will be COVID compliant.