SEND Teaching Assistant
- Reference: SEND2002CJH
- Job Type: Full time
- Job Type: Temporary
- Location: Hornchurch
- Start Date: 4 May 2021 or sooner
- Duration: Potential of a permanent contract after a probation period
- Working Hours: 8.30am to 3.30pm
- Holidays: Term time only
- Salary: £11.20 - £12.60 per hour
SEND Teaching Assistant – Hornchurch
Start Date: 19 April 2021 or sooner; 30 hours per week, Term Time Only
We are working in Partnership with the Headteacher to recruit special needs teaching assistants with knowledge and experience of working with children with complex needs and autism.
Looking to recruit a person who is passionate to make a difference to the lives of a young people with complex needs.
If you have experience and/or qualifications from any setting that you feel are transferable for this role and a passion to make a difference we would be interested to hear from you.
A Teaching Assistant would ideally have:
• Experience and knowledge of working with children with a wide range of abilities
• Secure knowledge and skills relating to strategies in working with young people with Complex Learning Needs
• An interest, motivation and passion for working with special needs children and developing skills to facilitate this
• Calm, controlled and effective communication and relate well to all children and adults within the school
• The ability to reflect on own behaviour to ensure teams are strong and working together to meet the needs of all pupils
• Ability to work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within this
• A high level of professionalism and the ability to distinguish personal and professional boundaries in school related relationships both in and outside of the school
• Level 2 (GCSE) Qualifications in English and Math’s
This post is exempt from the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake an enhanced disclosure.
Our recruitment process is tailored currently with COVID 19 working safety procedures; interview procedures will be discussed with short-listed candidates
If you feel you are suitable for this special needs teaching assistant role, please contact us for a discussion or apply with your CV and a covering letter.