SEN Support Worker
- Reference: EH19DEC2023
- Job Type: Full time
- Location: Hornchurch
- Start Date: 11th March 2024
- Working Hours: Mon - Thurs 8.30-3.15pm Fri 8.30-1pm
- Holidays: Term Time only ( with additional holiday pay)
SEN SUPPORT WORKER
Monday- Friday- Full time
Hornchurch – To start 11th March 2024 (or as early as possible after interview, vetting & any notice)
Recruiting a SEN SUPPORT WORKER on behalf of a GOOD primary school in the Hornchurch area to work with 2 x SEN KS1 students particularly with Complex Needs of ASD & SEMH.
Do you want to make a difference to the students’ learning experience?
- Would you be able to use your supportive and patient skills to help the student understand how to manage & identify areas of emotion or stress and apply some coping mechanisms?
- Could you help the students develop positive social skills with other students and staff?
- Are you able to help the student remain focused on learning tasks they are given in or out of the classroom?
- Implement agreed work programmes with individuals/groups and work with the staff team.
- Do you have the strategies to cope with any possible challenging and disruptive behaviour.
The following requirements would be preferred for this SEN SUPPORT WORKER role:
- Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant Qualification/SEND or equivalent Care Qualification
- Has a great work ethic along with a patient and calming presence.
- Has the passion to really want to make a difference in a student’s life.
- Understands learning objectives and the national curriculum adapted for SEN students.
- Knowledge of ‘Emotions of Regulations Cards’ would be an advantage.
Apex Education Recruitment can offer the successful SEN SUPPORT WORKER access to over 300 training courses to aid with progression within their role.
If you are interested in this SEN SUPPORT WORKER role, please apply with your CV and a covering letter.
This post is subject to vetting including enhanced DBS and full compliance for working with children.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all. We adhere to ‘Safer Recruitment of Children’ guidance and all staff are fully trained. All potential candidates will undergo rigorous compliance checks to ensure their suitability prior to any work offer.
Apex Education Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer