Special Needs Teaching Assistant
- Reference: PSEP1503
- Job Type: Full time
- Location: Hornchurch
- Start Date: 17th April 2023 (after the Easter break or before if available)
- Duration: Could go permanent to the right person
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday
- Holidays: Term Time Only (with additional holiday pay)
Looking to recruit a Special Needs Teaching Assistant to work with a Year 4 student showing traits of ADHD and ODD in a Hornchurch school.
The suitably experienced candidate will work with the student in the morning and be required to work with other year groups across the school in the afternoon.
Special Needs Teaching Assistant & Qualification
- To work alongside the class teacher and SENCO with the students learning and development
- To work calmly and effectively and adapt to learning plans appropriately for the student
- To ensure the student can thrive and fully develop their social, cognitive and emotional skills.
- To have knowledge and experience working with ADHD & ODD
- To have an understanding on how to manage behavioural triggers & traits
- Ideally to have a Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant, Care or SEND qualification
If you are interested in this Special Needs Teaching Assistant role, please call us for a discussion or apply with your CV and a covering letter.
This post is subject to vetting including enhanced DBS and full compliance for working with children.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all. We adhere to ‘Safer Recruitment of Children’ guidance and all staff are fully trained. All potential candidates will undergo rigorous compliance checks to ensure their suitability prior to any work offer.
Apex Education Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer