Here at Apex Education Recruitment compliance is taken very seriously therefore we ensure all potential staff being considered for work with children undergo comprehensive vetting. You can rest assured that every time a candidate from us comes into your school we have completed the following checks:
- Face to Face interview by one of our experienced staff with over 10 years recruitment and/or teaching experience. All staff who interview are also “Safer Recruitment in Education” trained.
At interview we clarify full work history, qualifications, skills and experience, safeguarding understanding, health and personal situation and our policies and procedures for working with schools.
- Qualification checks – originals seen
- Professional references undertaken covering the last 5 years
- (verbal where possible)
- Health declaration
- Photo ID viewed (VISA if applicable) to confirm nationality
- Proof to eligibility to work in the UK
- Proof of address.
- Teachers: confirmation of QTS/QTLS, induction clarification
- Barred list check undertaken at least once a year
- Enhanced DBS and check on update service at least once a year
Some candidates are rejected and are NOT offered work
For your security and full compliance, we send an encrypted e-mail to your compliance manager with the candidates full vetting details and a photo prior to their first assignment. Candidates are asked to bring photo ID and their DBS certificate with them on their first day.
We run training courses for candidates to maintain up-to-date knowledge and ensure that all staff are current with child protection and safeguarding training and prevent training.
Apex Education Recruitment are members of the REC (Recruitment Employment Confederation) ensuring we maintain the highest levels of compliance for our schools and teaching staff. We received 98% for our last compliance test. www.rec.uk.com