Special Needs Teaching Assistant
- Reference: CSENDTAT
- Job Type: Full time
- Location: Upminster
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Temp to Permanent position for the right candidate
- Working Hours: 8.45am - 3.30pm 30 hours per week
- Holidays: Term time only
Special Needs Teaching Assistant required asap
As a large SEND School – us at Apex have recruited a number of staff to start in September. We are looking to find the right staff for the last 3 positions. We would rather wait for the candidate… is this you?
The role is to work in a special needs classroom based setting with a passion to support children and young adults with a range of Complex Needs and Autism at a very good school based within the Upminster area.
Are you looking to make a difference to the lives of young people with complex needs?
If you have the desire to work with children with special needs, have experience/and or qualifications from any setting that you feel are transferable for this role; we would be interested to hear from you.
As a special needs teaching assistant you will :
- Be working in a large team of adults to support the children in the school
- Have experience and knowledge of working with children or adults with a wide range of abilities
- Ideally a secure knowledge and skills relating to strategies in working with Complex and Learning Needs
- An interest, motivation and passion for working with special needs children and developing skills to facilitate this
- Calm, controlled and effective communication and relate well to all children and adults
- The ability to reflect on own behaviour to ensure teams are strong and working together to meet the needs of all pupils
- A high level of professionalism and the ability to distinguish personal and professional boundaries in school related relationships both in and outside of the school
- Level 2 (GCSE) Qualifications in English and Maths
Our recruitment process is tailored currently with COVID 19 working safety procedures; Interview procedures will be discussed with short-listed candidates
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all. The protection of children from abuse is the responsibility of all staff at Apex Education Recruitment, superseding any other considerations. We adhere to ‘Safer Recruitment of Children’ guidance and all staff are fully trained. All potential candidates will undergo rigorous compliance checks to ensure their suitability prior to any work offer.
Apex Education Training is an Equal Opportunities Employer