SEND TUTOR 1-1
- Reference: CHTUHA
- Job Type: Part time
- Job Type: Temporary
- Location: Upminster
- Start Date: 2 November 2020
- Duration: For as long as student needs require
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday (Progressing to 3 hours a day)
- Holidays: Term time only
- Salary: £18 - £30 per hour dependant on qualifications & exp
We are looking to recruit an experienced SEND TUTOR to build up a learning strategy to educate an ASD student who has been out of school for a number of months.
This post is to work 1-1 supporting the student out of school initially with the long term aim of integration back into the learning environment within school.
For this SEND TUTOR role you will need to be calm and very patient as this student is very anxious, therefore an online Learning Environment maybe needed to start with.
- This particular student is KS3 but will need supporting at a KS2 level in subjects Maths, English and Science.
- This SEND TUTOR role requires a knowledge and understanding of ASD and ANXIETY.
- You must have experience and knowledge of the KS2/KS3 curriculum.
- Experience of working and understanding to work with the students EHCP as you will be using this to work plan for the student so learning is tailored to cater for their needs.
- Requires someone who is persistent, calm and adaptable within their role, using various strategies to ensure learning is achieved.
- Progress the student with their needs and move them along with their social skills and learning.
This post is subject to vetting including enhanced DBS and other safeguarding procedures.
Our recruitment process is tailored currently with COVID 19 working safety procedures; interview procedures will be discussed with short-listed candidates
If you feel you are suitable for this SEND TUTOR role, please call to discuss or apply now. Interviews will be immediate for short-listed candidates and will be COVID compliant.