Special Needs Teaching Assistant
- Reference: PS2411
- Job Type: Full time
- Location: Upminster
- Start Date: 15th April 2024
- Duration: Temporary role in first instance; opportunity to be considered for the permanent role.
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday
- Holidays: Term Time Only (with additional holiday pay)
Looking to recruit Special Needs Teaching Assistant’s that have a passion to support students with COMPLEX NEEDS and LEARNING DIFFICULTIES in mixed-age specialist classes for an Upminster School.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference to a young life?
SPECIAL NEEDS TEACHING ASSISTANT ROLE & QUALIFICATION:
- Experience and knowledge of working with children with a wide range of abilities.
- Understand social and life skills development.
- Secure knowledge and skills relating to strategies in working with pupils with Complex Learning Needs.
- An interest, motivation, and passion for working with Special Needs and developing skills to facilitate this.
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities.
- Calm controlled and effective tools to manage triggers and behaviours.
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within this.
- A high level of professionalism and the ability to distinguish personal and professional boundaries.
- Be willing to develop a full working knowledge, understanding and adherence to relevant school polices, practice and procedures.
- Be willing to assist with personal care if required.
- Level 2 (GCSE) Qualifications in English and Maths.
- Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant/Care qualification.
If you feel you are suitable for this Special Needs Teaching Assistant Role; PLEASE CALL us to discuss or APPLY with a CV and covering letter.
This post is subject to vetting including enhanced DBS and full compliance for working with children.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all. We adhere to ‘Safer Recruitment of Children’ guidance and all staff are fully trained. All potential candidates will undergo rigorous compliance checks to ensure their suitability prior to any work offer.
Apex Education Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer